Friday, March 28, 2014

Christian Gonzalez: Deuteronomy 6:5

Some people get saved when they are young, some people get saved when they are old, and some people get saved right in the middle. For me, blessed to know Christ at a very young age. I don't remember to many of the things I did before I met Christ, but I do remember I liked to play a lot of video games. Some video games were fun, and some scared me, which leads to how I got saved.

One night I saw my older sister Jasmine playing a zombie video game. It looked cool and I wanted to give it a try, so I asked my dad if I can play and he surprisingly said yes. My dad knew the video game would scare me, and he was right. After I played the video game, it was time for bed so I had to go to sleep. Not that brightest idea for me to play that game before bedtime but hey it looked so cool so I had to try it. As I laid there in bed, I couldn't go to sleep as I sat there thinking about zombies. It was totally not cool laying in bed while everybody is sleeping and there I was scared out of my mind. So I did what any other logical boy would do, ran into my parents room and placed myself right into their bed. My dad felt me get into bed and asked why I was sneaking into their bed, I told him that I was scared.

That is when he read me my favorite verse: "You should love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your might." Deuteronomy 6:5

He explained that if we love our God everything we have, he will protect us from anything and everything we fear. We both then got on our knees at the bedside and prayed to God to forgive me for all of my sins and that is when I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. Since that day I have not been scared and my love for God and Christ has been as strong as its ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment